What is a Father? - Thoughts on Father's Day


A father is a person who is forced to endure childbirth without an anesthetic. He growls when he feels good and laughs very loud when he is scared half-to-death.

A father never feels entirely worthy of the worship in a child's eyes. He is never quite the hero his daughter thinks. Never quite the man his son believes him to be. And this worries him sometimes. (So he works too hard to try to smooth the rough places in the road of those of his own who will follow him).

Fathers are men who give daughters away to other men, who aren't nearly good enough, so that they can have children that are smarter than anybody's.

Fathers fight dragons almost daily. They hurry away from the breakfast table, off to the arena which is sometimes call an office or a workshop. there, with callused hands, they tackle the dragon with three heads: Weariness, Works, Monotony.

And they never quite win the fight, but they never give up.

To all the fathers out there I wish you all a blessed Father's Day. My father has gone home with the Lord 16 years ago. He was the best father I could ever had and I wish he was here with us today.


"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you."
Exodus 20:12

"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
Clarence B. Kelland

"Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children."
Bill Cosby

"Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the riches inheritance. "
Ruth E. Renkel

"I love my father as the stars - he's bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart. "
Adabella Radici

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. "
Author unknown
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

A webmaster, blogger, internet marketer and anything in between.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share us your thoughts.